[PD] Reference article for Pdpedia & Templates

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 9 22:04:25 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> I guess the idea of the "messages" section was to list things like
>> [reset(, [poll 1(, [set blah( etc.  that are messages with custom
>> selectors.  AFAIK, it's very rare for these messages to be sent to
>> anything but the first inlet.
>
> Well, maybe, but only by convention. OTOH by convention the last inlet
> in every RRADical object is a meta-message inlet (for OSC-messages).
> Generally I think, maybe pdpedia better is prepared for the rare as
> well.

In Pd objects, it is only by convention, in the C API, class_addmethod
() doesn't let you choose which inlet to accept on, it always uses
the first inlet AFAIK.

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf