[PD] Voice Synth Windows and/or OSX

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Nov 9 23:39:34 CET 2007

morning Mark,

On 2007-11-09 14:45:31, mark edward grimm <meg156 at columbia.edu> appears
to have written:
> maybe ill give a go at compiling the ratts library on
> wincrap. ive never compiled anything on win before,
> only linux so it will be a learning experience... i
> guess :)

you have my deepest heartfelt sympathies... is there some particular
reason you can't use linux for this project?

> i didnt see an osx binary version on your site. only a
> binary for "sprinkler v0.06" although it does say in
> your ratts readme that there may be one out there
> compiled by the same person...Adam T. Lindsay. I
> wonder if anyone knows of this library as a binary
> somewhere?

oops... guess the sprinkler binary is what I was thinking of; haven't
seen Adam on the list recently, so i don't know if he's still doing
pd-related things or not, and i don't seem to have a copy of it here; sorry.

> ratts does NOT need the flite libraries to compile
> correct? it doesnt seem like it does by the
> documentation...

correct: ratts ought to compile "on its own" without any non-standard c
libraries.  flite sounds much more intelligible though ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan

>>> mark

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology