[PD] Voice Synth Windows and/or OSX

mark edward grimm meg156 at columbia.edu
Sat Nov 10 01:48:52 CET 2007

> oops... guess the sprinkler binary is what I was
> thinking of;

no problem. i guess ill just have to give that a go
too. installing xcode as we speak although i can say
this might all take a while being a compiling noob on
osx and win... i will look though the mailing list for
hints at external compiling unless there is a very
specific step-by-step that i may stumble upon..

> correct: ratts ought to compile "on its own"

great thanks!

> libraries.  flite sounds much more intelligible
> though ;-)

cool! maybe ill take a look too - although the flite
libraries look linux specific too (other than a win Ce
bin i found) am i correct?

yeah for this project intelligibility is not a
prerequisite - at least at the moment.. :)

> reason you can't use linux for this project?

yeah. problem i always have is that i work a lot with
others (artists, musicians, students etc) and on
others computers. everyone i work with seem to be
running different platforms so i just have become use
to thinking of projects as projects that can easily
run on any system that i might be presented with....
also i sold both my linux boxes but still have a g4
and win tower that the kids use... but dont tell
anyone... :)

cheers

--- Bryan Jurish <moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> [...]
> reason you can't use linux for this project?
>
> > i didnt see an osx binary version on your site.
> only a
> > binary for "sprinkler v0.06" although it does say
> in
> > your ratts readme that there may be one out there
> > compiled by the same person...Adam T. Lindsay. I
> > wonder if anyone knows of this library as a binary
> > somewhere?
>
> oops... guess the sprinkler binary is what I was
> thinking of; haven't
> seen Adam on the list recently, so i don't know if
> he's still doing
> pd-related things or not, and i don't seem to have a
> copy of it here; sorry.
>
> > ratts does NOT need the flite libraries to compile
> > correct? it doesnt seem like it does by the
> > documentation...
>
> correct: ratts ought to compile "on its own" without
> any non-standard c
> libraries.  flite sounds much more intelligible
> though ;-)
>
> marmosets,
> 	Bryan
>
> > --- Bryan Jurish <moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >> morning Mark,
> >>
> >> the "official" distributions of both ratts and
> >> pd-flite are available here:
> >>

> http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd
> >>
> >> additionally, the most current version of
> pd-flite
> >> should always be
> >> available in sourceforge cvs:
> >>
> >>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pure-data
> >>
> >> in the subdirectory externals/moocow/flite.
> >> pd-flite was even buildable
> >> by the pd-extended build system last time I
> looked,
> >> but it requires that
> >> the flite headers and library are installed on
> the
> >> build machine, which
> >> wasn't the case with the default auto-builds
> (again,
> >> last time I checked).
> >>
> >> ratts has been successfully compiled on osx (i
> think
> >> there's even an
> >> older binary version on my website), and assuming
> >> that flite itself
> >> compiles there, i don't foresee any difficulties
> for
> >> pd-flite, but let
> >> me know if you encounter any!  i have never tried
> >> compile on windoof
> >> myself, but i don't think there should be *too*
> many
> >> problems there
> >> either...
> >>
> >> marmosets,
> >> 	Bryan
> >>
> >> On 2007-11-09 02:43:05, mark edward grimm
> >> <meg156 at columbia.edu> appears
> >> to have written:
> >> 'pd-flite
> successfully
> >> speech
> >> these

> --
> Bryan Jurish                           "There is

  mark edward grimm | m.f.a | ed.m
  megrimm.net | socialmediagroup.org & .com
  meg156 at columbia.edu | 585.509.8703