[PD] Thanks and now for something else!

Daniel Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 15:36:59 CET 2007

I would suggest you check out Composing Interactive
Music<http://www.amazon.com/Composing-Interactive-Music-Techniques-Ideas/dp/0262731398>by
Todd Winkler which
covers using MAX to do lots of fun stuff with midi.  Naturally, you can
implement most of
the examples in PD.  I bought this book and went through the whole thing,
making the
example patches as I went.

If you want more of the technical bones behind this stuff, I'd also
recommend Machine
Musicianship<http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Musicianship-Robert-Rowe/dp/0262681498/ref=pd_sim_b_title_4/102-4863673-2463332>
by Karl Rowe.  Although it is getting a bit dated (includes a cdrom with MAX
patches for OS 9 :P),
it really helped me a good grasp on how I could use midi in pd to do what I
wanted.

Anyway, those are two books that got me going in pd.

Shoot, there is enough experience on this list to write better books then
these focusing on pd!

--
Dan Wilcox
danomatika