[PD] GUI speed test

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Nov 13 00:52:45 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 15:01 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I devised a quick test of loading speed and did some quick
> comparisons on my MacBook Pro 2.4GHz.  (I am used to having one of
> the slowest machines around, my old 800Mhz Powerbook, so I still have
> to readjust my thinking).  Here's my times:
>
> 14ms	Pd-0.39.3-extended
> 6.5ms 	Pd-0.40-2 vanilla
> 16ms	Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071111

wow, you guys seem to have all very decent machines. i did only perform
tests with pd-vanilla 0.40.2:

REALTIME: 24.534
REALTIME: 21.781
REALTIME: 7.182
REALTIME: 7.289
REALTIME: 7.372

(somehow it needed twice, until the patch was cached)

ubuntu dapper
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHz (Family: 6, Model: 13,
Stepping: 6)

roman