[PD] gem in fullscreen

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:54:22 CET 2007

On 13 Nov 2007, at 7:22 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> many people are not aware of this, but you can as well create the
> gemwindow on an alternative display.
> e.g. [create 192.168.1.100:5.0( should create the gemwindow on the
> ":5.0" display of 192.168.1.100.

that's really very interesting - I guess that it would work well with
anything that does not involve loading textures etc - or with a
decent sized graphics card memory a bunch of textures could be loaded
over the network then used via their ID

but does working via the network connection put more than just
bandwidth limits on what Gem can do?

and is it at all possible to load things from the host computer's
drives (or ram) without going the round trip through the controlling
computer?

simon