[PD] [OT] nvisible.taz >>> pd-muzik

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 08:09:22 CET 2007

Thanks for posting. Great to see this collection of Pd related
music keeps growing.

A few are a bit strong/industrial for my tastes, but some
tracks are nice music for programming or writing to
because they have an "energising" sort of effect.

> All is real-time and live versions, so in a live session u can
>  listen to all the details in a same way

The difference between highly structured/sequenced and live/tweaked
sound always shows imho. When you are playing with the parameters
live something personal and organic comes through, even
when they are quirks and "mistakes" it adds something positive.

> work is made with several kinds of samples and different audio
> synthesis processes..
> Several probably has the copirighted restrictions but i use them
> in a different way:
> using the sample to transform it, cut it, and change it to make
> another kind of structure in sound

Nothing there remotely qualifies as "sampled" work imo. When you
do this kind of extreme, total transformation far beyond recognition,
then it becomes something new - as a matter of mathematics and signal
processing, not in any weak "legal" sense. Concepts such as "fair use"
and "copyright" are no longer even relevant, because the result depends
so much on the transformation chain that the input is insignificant.
Since any input could probably be replaced by some simple mixture
of noise and sine waves (approximating the sample) it hardly seems
worth mentioning the nature of the sources, unless the subversive
process is somehow part of the artistic agenda.

Sampling, in the 80s/90s sense was a means to *use* other cultural
reference points, leaving them intact as recognisable components in
a new context. Your intentions with this kind of processing are the
precise opposite are they not?

Does that make any sense or am I babbling?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:56:24 +0100
xm <freequencies at straddle3.net> wrote:

> ola tot*s,...
>
> here 'u have nu traxx! of free muzik made with pd....enjoy :P
>
>  >>daax!
>  >>dolça càustika
>
> http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/audio.html
> <http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/audio.html>
>

> escolta *////*entzute//ascolta//écoute/
> /escoita//escucha//musik hören//listen >>
> http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/audio/daax%21.m3u
> <http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/audio/daax%21.m3u>
>

> salut
> x!
> <http://costellam.net>
> :.. :: :: : :.. . . :.: :: :: : : : :: : :  . . . .
>
> nvisible.taz is somewhere..
> never knows in which url is and for how long,
> but it doesn't means that is not existing
>
> nvisible.taz is the temporary and autonomous site of daax!
>

> +info >>>
> http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/ <http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/>
> ++ http://costellam.net <http://costellam.net/>

> if u look 4 daax! myspace....u're missing ur time

> nvisible.taz és a algun lloc..
> mai se sap a quina url i per a quant de temps,
> però això no significa que no existeixi
>
> nvisible.taz és la pàgina temporal i autònoma de daax!
>

> +info >>>
> http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/ <http://pitchvolley.com/nvisible.taz/>
> ++ http://costellam.net

Use the source