[PD] Documents on trapezoid~ ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 14 06:56:38 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:13 PM, PSPunch wrote:

> Hi Hans,
> Thanks for the reply.
>

>> I am guessing it's a windowing function, but that's a guess.
>
> I figured so. It was brought up while discussing methods of smoothly
> cross fading between samples.
>

> Frankly speaking, this object may not be critical for my projects.
> I was feeling uncomfortable of the fact that there is an object
> that loads properly in pd-extended (thanks to the community's efforts)
> which originates from Max/MSP, and yet, I could not find any material
> on how to operate it.
> I thought this would be a good chance to ask how others get
> around learning objects not documented in depth... other than
> diving into the source code.

It's a cyclone object, which means it's a clone of a Max object.
Krzysztof didn't really ever write docs for his code.  But his code
is generally quite good, so it's worth documenting.  If you make a
help patch for this, and add it to the patch tracker, I'll check it
in.  Then there will be a help patch :)

http://puredata.info/dev/patchtracker

Here's the code:

http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/miXed/