[PD] who is using [entry]?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 14 09:07:15 CET 2007

Hallo,

> I want to keep the same names as the Tk widgets, that's why I chose
> that name.  That way it's very easy to use the Tk docs for these
> widgets.  The options are the same too.  It will be in the lib
> tkwidgets, so tkwidgets/text will always be possible.  Hopefully this
> doesn't cause any problems.
> These are the widgets I plan on implementing:
>
> http://puredata.info/dev/TkWidget

I think, that's a cool list of objects to have and it's great that
you're working on it. The names in Tk are very generic, though, which
is understandable for Tk itself, as it's largely self-contained. But
in Pd, there's even another [scale] waiting to clash with existing
objects and (private) abstractions, that's why maybe a short,
quickly-to-type namespace should be obligatory. What about [tk/scale]?

Ciao