[PD] Documents on trapezoid~ ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 14 20:52:57 CET 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Patrice Colet hat gesagt: // Patrice Colet wrote:
>
> > this replacement is wrong, I've no clue how to do it with internal
> > objects, you can get a working cyclone in the page I've posted.
>
>  [swap 1]
>  [- ]

Ah, sorry, forgot one connection. Use this instead:

 [swap 1]
 |   /
 [- ]

Explanation: The !-arithmetic-objects in Max/Cyclone work just like
the normal arithmetic objects, but with reversed inputs.

So "4 - 3 = 1" but "4 !- 3 = 3 - 4 = -1" and "1 !/ 2 = 2 / 1 = 2"

In pd you swap the inputs manually using [swap] as above. If you want,
you can make an abstraction:

 [inlet] [inlet]
 |       |
 [swap $1]
 |   /

 [outlet]

Generally there's no urgent need to use [!-] unless you're importing
Max patches that use it, but then you'll probably use Cyclone as a
library and then you'll have [!-] anyway.

Ciao