[PD] camera angle

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:18:11 CET 2007

there is a rough version of a viewpoint/world controlling object. it has
2 modes, one allows you to move like in a 3d game world and the other
one lets you interact like in a modelling program like maya. (I am not
sure if it works on windows, though...) you interact with mouse and
ctrl/alt in your gemwin.
http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/Pd/advcam
if you want to do something more basic, have a look at the helpfile for
gemwin.
the viewing vector is
* camera location (xyz). that is the position of your camera
* viewing point (xyz). that is where you look at
* up vector (XYZ). that will tell the camera where "up" is. think of the
last one as when you are piloting an airplain that turns around its
length axis. the airplain position and the viewing point postion is not
enough information to tell where "up" is... by default "up vector" is 0
1 0. (pointing "upward" along the y axis).
then use something like [viewpoint 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 1 0( as a message to
gemwin.
marius.