[PD] Way of getting CPU load in PD

B. Bogart bbogart at goto10.org
Thu Nov 15 17:56:06 CET 2007

Thanks all for the feedback,

Perhaps I'll look into making a set of abstractions for such thing,
parsing top output in PD (as not to depend on pyx) does not seem all
that fun though.

I think I found the problem, and will know in 6 days.

I has reinstalled the kernel and forgot to add the noapm acpi=off kernel
flags to grub. Without these linux nvidia drivers are not stable. I
think that is the culprit as it has caused freezes in the past (and I
did notice that it was X that froze, not PD, since I was unable to kill X)

FYI I only do installations in -nogui. ;)

In case anyone is interested, and was not at pd-conv here is some info
on the project:

http://b.goto10.org/wp/?p=227

.b.