[PD] pix_video: composite or Firewire ?

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:49:11 CET 2007

I know I have the same problem!! laptops...

anyway

I am trying to get a hand on a point grey to run tests....

I found this page that lists uncompressed firewire cameras:
http://damien.douxchamps.net/ieee1394/cameras/index.php

This one seems to have the best pfs for the price (199$), it's called
firefly MV, however I will continue the search:

http://www.ptgrey.com/products/fireflymv/index.asp
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/fireflymv/fireflymv.pdf
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/Point_Grey_imaging_catalog.pdf

good luck and if you get good fps for good price with uncompressed
firewire let me know...

best,