[PD] bit operations on samples

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 16 06:56:58 CET 2007

hi greg

your question inspired me and i made a little patch to illustrate, how
this could be achieved. there is lots of fun stuff, that one could do
with this kind of operation. as you mentioned, one could do stenography
with it. but you could also use it as an very strange distortion effect,
e.g. "add nth-bit signal of input to original signal". or you could
alter the original signal by zero-ing a certain bit out... etc. etc...

yo, thank you for bringing this up...  :-)

example-patch:
http://romanhaefeli.net/software/pd/bitwise_reading_and_bit_replacement.pd

roman