[PD] Pd + asterisk?

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Sat Nov 17 03:35:48 CET 2007

I've done this with Asterisk 1.2

About an year ago I was hyped by how easily voice menus
could be created using Asterisk.
Mainly letting voice menus interact with PD and I didn't do
much audio work.

Asterisk has a platform to easily integrate scripts called AGI.
Any language which returns commands in the required format to
STDOUT can be used with AGI.
I prepared some PHP scripts that were called when pressing the
dial pad, which would then throw UDP packets to PD.
.. nothing fascinating.

As a matter of fact, I had an Asterisk server running at home
which allowed users to login using the touchpad, then record their
voices which get mixed with a BGM of their choice and auto upload
to their blog. I may have a bit of knowledge to get total newbies started.

(But please don't count on it too much.. haven't touched it in a while)