[PD] floating point exception (core dumped)

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 09:56:01 CET 2007

hi

I just added a spectrum visualization to my patch taken from example
E01.spectrum.pd . Activating this causes my patch to crash after a
minute or so of use. From then on the patch itself seems to be damaged
and i cannot open it any more. I get "floating point exception (core
dumped)" error and pd quits as soon as it opens. I never had such a
problem with PD.

Reverting the patch to a version previous to the patch does solve it.
However, they should be identical because I dont change anything. As far
as I remember there is no array with "save contents" option active so I
dont really know what is different in the patch after the crash.

I am running Ubuntu Gutsy, with PD extended0.39.5-extended-rc5 on a IBM
x32 with P4 1700mhz

any idea what might be causing this error?

thanks

enrike