[PD] newbie ubuntu7.10 + Pd.0.39.3

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Sat Nov 17 12:30:45 CET 2007

Hi

I've not seen this topic on list archives.

I'm trying to install pd extended 0.39.3 from puredata.info/downloads, but I'm
not very comfortable with linux. I've just installed Ubuntu 7.10. I'm on a PC.

After downloading pd extended.deb, I've some problems with dependencies.

libflac7
libquicktime0
linimlib2
libmagick++9c2a
imagemagick

are missing.

I changed my sources.list following a nice website (french)
http://www.sourceslist.org/

I've done apt-get update + upgrade + apt-get install pure data + apt-get -f
install

Some depencendies were installed, but these dependencies are not.

I've seen for Ubuntu.7.10, the good version of libflac is libflac8. I've the
libflac8 correctly installed. But apparently, pd needs libflac7. How can I do ?
Sorry for linux questions on pd list ...

and if you have a good sources.list for multimedia + ubuntu7.10

May be a page like this would be great :
http://puredata.info/Members/jmmmp/ubuntuinst/

--
Jérôme Abel
http://abel.jerome.free.fr