[PD] pd-extended install gutsy ubuntu libquicktime0 libflac7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 17 21:29:44 CET 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 2:49 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>
>> files).  Then the .deb should install into /usr/lib.  This means it
>> would conflict with the 'puredata' package that's included in Debian,
>> but it's the "proper" way to do it.
>
> i think there are 2 options to do it:
> either conflict with "puredata" or use another path.
>
> i am all for the latter and propose again to use /usr/lib/pd-extended/
> (the same for binaries and everything)
>
> i only know of 2 .deb packages that install into /usr/local:
> pd-extended and csound5
> while this might seem like good company, it is not: csound5 seems to
> delete half your system when you uninstall it; hopefully pd-extended
> is not that harsh

I think I made a mistake using /usr/local, so I am going to switch it
to /usr.

As for renaming the binaries and directories to "pd-extended", I
don't use the 'puredata' package, so if someone wants that, I will
happily defer the .deb package maintenance to the them. :D

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli