[PD] pd-extended install gutsy ubuntu libquicktime0 libflac7

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 18 11:13:31 CET 2007

Hallo,
zmoelnig at iem.at hat gesagt: // zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>
> > files).  Then the .deb should install into /usr/lib.  This means it
> > would conflict with the 'puredata' package that's included in Debian,
> > but it's the "proper" way to do it.
>
> i think there are 2 options to do it:
> either conflict with "puredata" or use another path.

Another path is the only solution, at least until pd-extended will try
to comply with Debian/Ubuntu/...'s policies. As it is now, it will not
only have to conflict with puredata, but also with the packages "gem",
"pd-zexy", "pd-pdp", and maybe others, too. Again I suggest to split
the deb for pd-extended into smaller packages, but of course which
packages to split into would need to be discussed.

Ciao