[PD] tabread4~~

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 18 19:02:16 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Steffen Juul wrote:

>> ~~
> What does appending a tilde mean?
> From the first post i thought is was just slang for 'this is really
> a tilde object that does it's thing right' as in underlining. After
> that the thread took a direction into discussion about time and space/
> dimensions.

The space-time thread was a joke of mine because of the way float-objects
and signal-objects relate to each other. It was a thought experiment on
what would be the most legitimate use of a second tilde in a way that is
most like adding the first tilde in the first place. I tried to be as
theoretically right as I could while knowing that in practice it's
nonsense. I am not being a pure mathematician here, because pure
mathematicians don't see the problem with having multiple time dimensions.
(they wouldn't even mind working with infinitely many time dimensions and
making a theory about it)

Anyway: I don't quite approve of the use of a double-tilde, which was my
reason for the joke in the first place.