[PD] About editing pdpedia

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Mon Nov 19 08:20:53 CET 2007

Hi list,

I have some questions for some of you working on pdpedia.

=======
1.
Has there already been discussions on policies regarding when/which
pages to lock?
I am assuming that leaving everything unlocked is the way to go if only
the world were an ideal place. Are there not yet MediaWiki spammers?

=======
2.
Regarding importing data from other languages..
For some basic pages, I have gotten away with the following procedure.

I. Open the pdpedia page in English.
II. Enter "edit" mode and [copy] the contents in the form
III. Create an equivalent page in my language and [paste] the material
above.
IV. Use above as a starting point to begin translation.

--
The above does not work for pages such as 'Category:vanilla'.
I don't quite understand how that content is embedded in the page.

I've noticed that people working on the Spanish and Portuguese pages
have been successful in this.

Thanks.
--
David Shimamoto