[PD] [Csnd] Writing subpatch contents

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 15:55:12 CET 2007

I believe the question of saving automation data has come up before,
but this is a different question, I think.

I want to write and read the objects in a subpatch to and from
textfiles; not the state of the objects, nor scalars, but the patch
itself.  Is there a way?
I have 8 voices in my sequencer, and 8 subpatches for creating control
values to send to csoundapi~.  But each Csound orchestra I work with
will have different parameters for different instruments, and so the 8
will be different from each other, as well as being different
depending on what score I open in my Pd sequencer.  So I gave up on
using abstractions with arguments, because whenever I change one they
all change.  But AFAIK subpatches can't be read and written by sending
messages to them.
Any ideas?
Is there a 'menusaveas' message or something?
-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com