[PD] [Pd] How to load/save subpatch content dynamically

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:45:35 CET 2007

This patch will load subpatches from existing .pd files.  Actually, it
copies them.  Requires zexy.  Seems crazy that it takes this many
objects to do it, but this is the simplest way I could find, due to
some of the little idiosyncrasies of Pd.
I'll post a reply soon with another to save subpatches to .pd files
(to copy them back).  If it works, it should be possible to
dynamically save and load the content of subpatches externally.  If
anyone knows a simpler way, please tell me.
Does not work completely with .pd files containing the [csoundapi~]
object, FYI.  I think it ends up pasting the clipboard into tabularasa
before completely loading the patch.

Anyone know how to skip over the "Close this Window?" message?  Maybe
sending key messages for Ctrl-Shift-w?

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com