[PD] who is using [entry]?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 19 22:57:11 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I want to keep the same names as the Tk widgets

The Tk Widget names are routinely adapted to naming conventions of
various programming languages. Thus "button" may change to
"Button", "TkButton", "Tk::Button", "tk.Button" or "tk.button"
depending on the language, for example.

Thus those names can be different from the original ones as long as there
is a systematic pattern that is easy to automate and guess. For example,
"button" could become [tk/button] or [tkbutton] or [tk.button] or it could
be [tk button] as there is no need to have separate classes for what could
be a single generic wrapper, or it could be any of the preceding schemes
with a single class because there is no need for a class to have a single
class name.