[PD] who is using [entry]?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:25:44 CET 2007

Thanks, Hans, once again, I hit just reply instead of reply to all...
I did a quick test on the key message, and it appears that some keys are
still not allowed. Such things as a double quote ("), a percent sign (%),
and left bracket ([) (but it does allow a right bracket), the backslash (\)
and a tilde (~). All of these characters can be typed directly into the
[text] widget.

While I know some of the characters are special in PD, some of these things
are probably needed to support the full character set that SQL can
recognize.

I was hoping that I could use a [text] object as a buffer to create multiple
SQL statements that would get sent to the server as a group. I kind of think
this would be useful in storing data in a database, in hopes of keeping down
the number of things sent to the server at once. I was toying with the idea
of adding this to the SQL external itself, but I seem to be running into a
problem that I can't troubleshoot, as it doesn't appear to have any rhyme or
reason as to why it acts that way.

Thanks for your help,

Mike