[PD] installing netpd under gentoo using layman error maxlib

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:31:02 CET 2007

so what you got there with /usr/lib/pd and doc/ in there ??
who does that belong to to whatever ..check it out and emerge --resume
then ..

ah, seems you got FEATURES=userpriv  - so you might diasable thet .. but
seems actually this a bug in the ebuild , it shouldn't try making that
directory at 'install' stage.
directories are made at the 'merge' stage

> ACCESS DENIED  mkdir:     /usr/lib/pd/doc
> install: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/pd/doc': Permission denied
> make: *** [install] Error 1
> /usr/portage/local/layman/pd-overlay/media-plugins/maxlib/maxlib-9999.ebuild:
> line 32: emake install failed: command not found
> /var/tmp/portage/media-plugins/maxlib-9999/image/

> LOG FILE = "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-media-plugins_-_maxlib-9999-512.log"
>
> mkdir:     /usr/lib/pd/doc
>

> i will get netpd and build from the main site; i know it will work like that.
>
> /a
yeah, i think that's the ebuild which isn't very well written.

i wish i have done some ebuild .. but i only need a few externals - so
compiled those manualy into my own prefix ;)