[PD] installing netpd under gentoo using layman error maxlib

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:43:38 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:56:19PM +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:
>> the Makefiles in the pd CVS tree are very are definetly not good.
>> they needs fixing globaly.
>> who is responsible for the CVS ?
>
> nobody.
> the authors are responsible for their stuff.
> so: if zexy/src/Makefile is broken, it is my fault...
>
>> i think that all of them have to be generalised ,so we can easiely build
>> anything.
>> i do everything manually on my system,
>> cause quite a few makefiles try to use -m32 in CFLAGS and many of them
>> need -fPIC to be added.
>
> at least the pd-sources (+externs) have fixed this by now.
> i think the (erroneous) use of the "-m32" flag in pd-0.40 convinced several
> developers to add this flag to their makefiles.
i kidda realise thatr as well .

>> there basic externals , which don't have any ./configure part, i think
>> we need to work on those first , leaving Gem and DataFlow aside ..
>
> GridFlow you mean?
ah , sure yeah :)

>> also there is acouple of external which have duplicated objects.
>
> what do you mean here?
> nameclashes? duplicated functionality? aliases?
yeah ..i can't remenber, but when i used my strategy:
#'
foreach pde (`find -iname '*.pd_linux'`)
ln -s $pde /opt/audio/lib/pd/ext/cvs-all/
end
#'
i found some file with the same names .., and they seemd to copy some stuff
from on external directory into anothr in order to resolvetheir little
dependency , i suppose ..

such things should be included in some guidelines may be, if we wish to
have any guide lines as such .