[PD] Question about PDP and Packet Forth

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Nov 21 03:13:30 CET 2007

Mike McGonagle wrote:
> I have been noticing the PDP stuff in PD for quite sometime, and so far,
> all I could figure out is that it is for video processing. The docs that
> I see make references to it being based on Packet Forth, but am I
> correct in thinking that PDP itself does not provide a Forth interpreter
> that can be used in and of itself?

I think that impression is a bit misleading.  PDP afaik is not based on
PacketForth, rather PF is the "next generation" of PDP, with both a
standalone Forth interpreter and a Pd embedding thereof.  PDP is still
maintained, so there will be bugfixes for changes in Pd and other
libraries etc, but I imagine there won't be many new features.

http://zwizwa.goto10.org/ramblings/zwizwa/contents
"Active projects include Packet Forth"
"PDP temporarily on hold"

Claude