[PD] fft beginner question

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:39:26 CET 2007

ah cheers frank, thanks for clearing a lot of that up.  you do really
good explainations.

"The main reason we use complex numbers in electronic music is
 because they magically automate trigonometric calculations. We
 frequently have to add angles together in order to talk about the
 changing phase of an audio signal as time progresses (or as it is
 shifted in time, as in this chapter). It turns out that, if you
 multiply two complex numbers, the argument of the product is the sum
 of the arguments of the two factors."

so, is that where 'fast' fourier transform comes from then?