[PD] OT : Ubuntu Studio and 64Studio

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 21 14:08:36 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> btw, ubuntu studio comes with a generic kernel, whereas 64studio has a
> realtime-optimized kernel.

Not anymore: Ubuntustudio 7.10 has a fully rt-patched kernel, I just
recently installed it on a friend's machine. But my main point is,
that it is not necessary to reinstall a system just because of one
component. I run the same Debian install on my main machine that I
installed like 8 years ago. Of course I updated packages, stiwched
hardware etc., but I never reinstalled from scratch.

Ciao