[PD] performance on osX

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Nov 21 20:38:07 CET 2007

hello,

i just made a performance test on osX, using pmpd exemple 22 (i had similar problem with other patch, this is just an exemple)

with pd extended, or pd/Gem and pmpd compiled from cvs, this patch use about 40% CPU on a macbook pro 2.33Ghz.

on my computer (dual core 2Ghz), it use about 22% (in both case, % are mesure for only 1 CPU : both computer are dual core)
i did not do any thing special in my computer to optimise compilation, nor in the macbook.

could anyone with a macbook pro could test this patch and tell me the CPU used?
does anyone know why the macbook is so slow?

thanks
Cyrille