[PD] tabread4~~

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 23 08:13:43 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> Uhm, just the fact that the majority of musicians don't even know what
> topology is, yet their music still sounds great, is enough for me to
> believe your conjecture.

Most musicians don't use pd. What does that mean about the usefulness of
pd?

> You can get lost in the mathematics and never be able to communicate
> with an audience of anyone but geeks (self included).

That's not necessarily a problem, but one has to choose an audience that
goes with the music that has been composed, or compose music that goes
with the chosen audience.

> Of course, if you want to be bitter and elitist and feel that the
> audience needs to take a complex analysis class to 'get' your
> music...but the ladies still dance more to a hard hitting beat or a
> good ol' melody.

Dancing in clubs is not all what ladies do with music, and it's not all
that music is for, even according to ladies. (Do you want to reopen the
thread on sexism too?)