[PD] (linux) libraries loading problem

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:56:55 CET 2007

Hi all.
I'm new to pd (and linux) and this is my 1st post here so forgive me
if this is a dumb question.

I just installed pd-0.39.3-extended on ubuntustudio (v7.04, updated).
Everything went fine except none of my libraries loads on startup.
I also installed the following packages:
build-essential / tcl8.4-dev / cdbs / tk8.4-dev / libasound2-dev /
debhelper / libjack0.100.0-dev / x-windows...
I triple checked the doc, my default.pdsettings, my path and startup
in pd... I always get the same error:
"tried... and failed. Can't load library".

I must be missing something really obvious here but I'm stuck...
Thanx for your help.
_y