[PD] tabread4~~

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Nov 23 09:37:17 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> I suppose my comment was leakage of some of my thoughts about my own
> musical production and how ultimately burned-out I've become from
> over-intellectualized sound design. My main concern is that when people
> get so far into "mathematizing" music there is an emotional connection
> that is severed and everything sounds like it was made by Vulcans.

It's not about getting far, it's about getting lost.

You can get as far as you want, as long as you keep a string that connects
you back outside of the maze, just like Ariadne.

I haven't heard Vulcan music before so I can't comment on that. Are you
suggesting that Vulcans don't have emotions?

> Nothing against brainy music, but it just seems that there's sometimes
> too much head and not enough heart in the computer music scene.

Perhaps it's just not enough right ventricle. In that case, it can be
because of failure of the tricuspid valve to close properly, which causes
an abnormal and inefficient blood flow.

Seriously now, I believe that it's not about head vs heart competing for
resources, it's more of a matter of effective collaboration between the
head and the heart.