[PD] performance on osX

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Fri Nov 23 11:49:33 CET 2007

vade wrote:

> Why do you think this? There are plenty of high performance
> applications that run just dandy on OS X.

And PD isn't one of them. PD's GUI has always kept one of it's feet
permanently nailed to the floor. The problem is just exaggerated on OSX.
Previous discussions, back when I still had time to investigate things
like this, pointed to Aqua versions of Tcl/Tk as being a possible
offender. I tried getting into recompiling PD against different versions
of Tcl/Tk, but found it easier to just use the same computer running
Linux for high-performance [PD] situations.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to pipe all the time people
spend rambling about political correctness, beer, philosophy and
theoretical physics on this list into solving basic problems like this?
<duck!>

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista