[PD] using chrt on pd to get rid of DIO errors

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:30:56 CET 2007

This is not a very good solution, since I think it causes the JACK to lock
up occasionally, but so far I have no clue why pd is having this problem.
It appears to only happen with JACK (ALSA runs fine), and I do not have
similar xruns with other programs running at the same time (ex. Ardour.
Also, qjackctl shows no xruns).  I get xruns about once a second, then I do
the command "chrt -p 60 [whatever pd's pid is]" and all xruns go away.

Anyone know where to look for a solution?  It is no good having the audio
dropped or, worse, pd crashing occasionally.

regards,
rich