[PD] pd 0.41.0 test07 font size

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 24 20:49:10 CET 2007

http://wiki.tcl.tk/8484

tk scaling is a global setting for the application.  I think it makes
sense to either use tk scaling thruout, or ignore it.  A half
implemented feature is worse than none at all, IMHO.

.hc

On Nov 24, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Miller Puckette wrote:

> I favor the negative-font-size approach since it makes it possible for
> future extesions to control their own behavior.
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:35:12PM -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:

>>> Also, as I've said before, using negative font sizes bypasses the
>>> scaling, because then the units are pixels instead of points. "tk
>>> scaling 1" makes this easier if all you ever want is pixel fonts,
>>> but if you want both points and pixels for any reason, then you
>>> have to use negative font sizes.
>>
>> pd-vanilla isn't using the tk scaling stuff at all, so it makes IMHO
>> to turn it off, in effect, by forcing it to be 1.
>>
>> .hc

>> ---
>> ----
>>
>> As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be
>> glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
>> this we should do freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler