[PD] osx universal binaries for externals ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 26 01:57:41 CET 2007

You can skip the lipo step, gcc will do it for you if you provide the
right flags.  You can also include 64-bit in there.  If you want to
do specific optimizations for each CPU, then you'll have to build
each separately and use lipo to assemble them all into one.

CFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64 -arch ppc64"
LDFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch
ppc -arch x86_64 -arch ppc64"

Pd-extended is not universal (yet?).  I think it should be, it's just
a matter of someone doing the work.

.hc