[PD] get audio IN to pd on windows

Batuhan Bozkurt batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com
Mon Nov 26 20:48:14 CET 2007

hard off wrote:
> 4, maybe 8, perhaps even 16 channels of audio...going out of ableton
> live (or logic, or cubase, or whatever) and into pd,
>
> ..in windows
>
> ...without much fuss
>

> am i dreaming?
>
> or does someone know of a way to do this?
>

> (on mac, i'd just use soundflower16)

It was a dream with or without fuss whatsoever, for windows, until recently.
Now there is Jack for windows, which is still at an early stage. But
I've tested basic functionality and it worked, it was 2 months ago.

You should search for jackdmp on the web. It's a new implementation of
Jack which can take advantage of multiple cores and it runs on windows.
It's not very easy to get things running, you will have to deal with the
command line for some things and dig some documentation if you think
that is a fuss but hey, you have no other choice for windows. : )

Good Luck
Batuhan