[PD] who is using [entry]?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 27 02:57:05 CET 2007

Actually the only tricky one is "{".   Anyone have any ideas how to
send a { to the text widget?  Here's my latest attempt:

sys_vgui("%s insert end \"\\\\{\"\n", x->widget_id->s_name);

.hc

On Nov 26, 2007, at 6:10 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> [key %( and [key ~( are working for me, but the others are not.
>> I'll see about implementing the symbolic names for everything
>> (i.e. "rightbracket", "doublequote", etc.).
>
> watch out if you are using tcl's [eval]: it will parse the string
> as tcl code if you don't quote the content properly. I say that
> because it's what this bug report sounds like.
>
> problems with % and ~ would look like something else instead.
>
>> I think there will be some wierdness inevitably since it'll have
>> to work around Pd type system for things like backslash.
>
> It's not about the type system, it's about the parser, and you only
> need double your backslash, just like you have to backslash comma
> and semicolon.

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801, Montréal QC Canada

----

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent
controls you." - Richard M. Stallman