[PD] who is using [entry]?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:21:14 CET 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 5:50 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> So are these going to be separate objects?  It seems that it would be
> possible to make the embedded sqlite deterministic, but the libdbi object
> should be organized around the idea that the response time is not known (
> i.e. it's not going to happen in one Pd clock tick).  Then it'll be
> possible to use it with any database over any connection.

Yes, they would be separate objects, but with the goal of using the same PD
interface. While I know that different databases have their "own" special
brand of SQL, there is enough commonality that we should at least be able to
make the PD stuff consistent.

Also, I was not planning to try and use the libdbi stuff in realtime, as
there is the network and all to contend with.

Mike