[PD] get audio IN to pd on windows

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:29:21 CET 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 8:40 PM, hard off <hard.off at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4, maybe 8, perhaps even 16 channels of audio...going out of ableton
> live (or logic, or cubase, or whatever) and into pd,
>
> ..in windows

I think it depends on the soundcard.  I had an Audigy previously and
it was set by default to have 6 or so channels that could be set as
input/output.  I believe I had to set input in the mixer, to "Mic",
"Wavetable synth", "what you hear", etc.  I never actually used that
many channels, though, and it's been a long time since I relied on
Windows.  Actually that was one of the things I hated about my
university's Macs, that you had to send all audio through the external
sound device.  I guess you could try holding a microphone up to the
speaker.
Does ASIO4all have any option to do this??

If I work on my wife's Mac, I'll be sure to check out soundflower16;
the university didn't allow students to install software, but my
wife's far more trusting.

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com