[PD] smoothing: single, double and triple

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 28 00:45:58 CET 2007

Hey all,

I just made some new mapping objects for smoothing and getting the
trend, based on statistical methods (single, double, and triple
exponential smoothing).  I got the inspiration from Fredrik
Olofsson's f0.smooth object for Max/MSP.

While they are not the best smoothing algorithms for most sensor data
streams, IMHO, they could be useful in certain circumstances.  They
seem to smooth a lot, and add some latency, but I don't have any hard
figures on that stuff.

I attached a zip with patches and help files, plus they'll be in Pd-
extended builds in the mapping library as of tomorrow.