[PD] hex loader

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 28 10:04:06 CET 2007

patrick wrote:
> hi,
>
> i was able to compile hexloader by removing the "loader_t" declarations
> in hexloader.c:
> hex loader $Revision: 1.4 $
>     written by IOhannes m zmölnig, IEM <zmoelnig at iem.at>
>     compiled on Nov 27 2007 at 23:36:07
>     compiled against Pd version 0.41.0.extended-20071126
>
> [<~] works!

good

> but i have many errors while opening a patch:
> hexloader: disguising as 'convert.list2symbol'

oops, that's the hexloader interfering with valid filenames.
it should do no harm though (but i thought that pd will try to create an
object from a .pd-file before trying to run the loaders; i'll have to check)

>  dollarg
> ... couldn't create

i have not tested how the hexloader works with other loaders (and i
guess nobody has tested it the other way round).

one thing i can say for sure is: currently, other loaders will not
profit from the hexloader stuff: if [import]-like functionality is
implemented as loader (instead of "just" an [import] external), than
this will not work: "import" zexy + [>~]; [zexy/>~] should work
nevertheless.
i haven't tested anything i have just said, probably it is all wrong.

apart from that, i don't see how [dollarg] should be affected by this.

>  mergefilename space
> ... couldn't create
>  relay symbol
> ... couldn't create
> hexloader: disguising as 'scale.symbol'
>  demultiplex 0 1
> ... couldn't create
>  convert.symbol2chars
> ... couldn't create
> hexloader: disguising as 'convert.list2symbol'
>  dollarg
> ... couldn't create
>  mergefilename space
> ... couldn't create
>  relay symbol
> ... couldn't create
> hexloader: disguising as 'convert.list2symbol'
>  dollarg
> ... couldn't create
>  mergefilename space
> ... couldn't create
>  relay symbol
> ... couldn't create
> hexloader: disguising as 'scale.symbol'
>
> etc...

now that is all weird!
could you send me a simple patch to test (preferrably with only
zexy+iemlib+vanilla objects as i don't have any other libs installed)

mfga.dsr
IOhannes