[PD] hex loader

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Nov 28 14:23:02 CET 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Ah, ok, I was under the impression that you wanted to remove the hex
> loader stuff from pd-vanilla and replace it with a loader.  I think that
> wouldn't be so good because then other loaders couldn't use the hex
> names.

Yes, that was my comment on the sourceforge page. the problem is that
unless the hexloader exposes an API that other language interface
externals rely on, those externals have to duplicate most of the code of
hexloader.

Compared to the existing load of copy-paste and of almost-copy-paste in pd
source and externals sources in general, it's not a big deal, but still
I'm happier when there is no excuse for more copy-paste.