[PD] pdlua compiling on mac

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Nov 28 16:12:29 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Lua 5.0 is in Fink, so it can easily be added to Pd-extended, and the
> build system will automatically included the Lua dylib into the
> Pd.app.  It seems like "externals/loaders/lua" would be a good place
> for it.

First, apologies for the non-working lua.pd_darwin part of the Makefile
- if someone has working commands, I'd appreciate them so I can add
them.  I don't have a Mac to test.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think pdlua requires Lua 5.1.  At least I had
weird problems with Lua 5.0...

One caveat about putting it somewhere in the Pd.app - the file pd.lua
needs to be in Pd's path so it can be found by the lua.pd_whatever
external.  I usually just have:

.../lib/pd/extra/lua.pd_linux
.../lib/pd/extra/pd.lua

Maybe I could take a leaf out of Mathieu's book and use the code from
GridFlow that finds itself and adds necessary things to Pd's path(s).

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org