[PD] pdlua compiling on mac

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 29 05:40:41 CET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 7:20 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>> Here's the key error line:
>>> ld: file not found: /Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/pd/
>>> bin/pd
>> You need to build Pd first:
>> cd /Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/pd/src
>> autoconf
>> ./configure
>> make
>
> Hi, I tried to make it with cygwin and got this error message:
>
> makefile.dependencies
> d_osc.c:39:2: #error No byte order defined
> d_array.c:527:2: #error No byte order defined
> make: *** [makefile.dependencies] Erreur 1

If you want to build Pd and externals with Cygwin, you'll have to add
some stuff to the build system.  No one has done it before.  Pd-
extended is built with MinGW/msys on Windows.  It would be nice to be
able to do it with Cygwin too.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne