[PD] select issues

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 29 18:55:30 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 12:46 PM, marius schebella wrote:

> I think [select] always worked that way since the beginning of Pd.
> it is also the case in max. I don't know if it is a good idea to
> change the behaviour, since it is easy to find a work around and
> might brake patches.

If someone is relying on [select] to trim lists, that would be either
unintentional, or some odd programming, IMHO.  I think it's worth
it.  There have been more severe changes in the past, like atan
switching inlets, there could be a warning like "warning passing data
thru unchanged, this is new behavior in 0.41".

> but personally, of course I would like to see the change, at least
> it needs to be documented. it probably was documented in the
> original helpfile, but it is not documented in the pddp help patch.

Please add it to PDDP help patch and submit it to the tracker.  Then
I can check it in.

> is there a workflow for changes in helppatches. how do I submit
> changes.
> and a wish related to that topic: please keep/make helpfiles read/
> writeable!

chmod -R +w /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/doc/

.hc