[PD] select issues

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Nov 30 06:51:34 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 10:27:07PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > >
> > > Anything I change I submit to the patch tracker, so it's up to Miller
> > > then.
> >
> > oh, good to know ;-)
>
> Though as long as Miller doesn't accept the patch, you have
> incompatibilities on the language level.

Which has bitten me on the ass at least once when making music with
someone who uses pd-extended. Hans, I wonder if you could make it clear
to people who download pd-extended that it is incompatible with Pd, an
older version, and that it is bundled with many externals which aren't
in Pd by default?

Note that I really appreciate all the work you are doing to make people's
lives easier, and don't want to put a dent in your efforts. I just think
if we're not careful with breaking compatability people are going to get
very confused very quickly.

Best,

Chris.