[PD] select issues

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:17:56 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 8:45 PM, Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> What is [select] supposed to do with a list? Just select based on the first
> element? I think it should reject lists altogether and suggest the use of
> [route].

I agree with Martin.  [route] is meant for lists, [select] is meant
for floats or symbols.  I suppose lists don't work with [select] for
the same reason [route] doesn't have a right inlet, considering what
Frank pointed out.
If you connect all but the right outlet of [route] to [b], you have a
[select] that handles lists and has no right inlet.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com